As a service to our clients, we at Boyle Feinberg Sharma, and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly eNewsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
You may subscribe to receive this newsletter by email.
- Tax and Divorce: How New Tax Laws Will Complicate Divorce in 2019
If you’re considering divorce, or even if you’re already divorced, learning about how these tax changes could affect you is crucial.
- Marriage and Divorce: 3 Challenges to a Marriage of Empty Nest Syndrome!
If you have children, it’s inevitable and is something that couples will have to face sooner or later.
- Divorce Recovery: Recovering From Divorce: My “Wasted Years” Stage
I created a sixth stage of grief after my divorce: the “Wasted Years” Syndrome is when you feel like your years of marriage were a big waste of time.
- Financial Issues: 10 Easy Ways to Save Money After Divorce
You need to find ways to reduce your budget to match your income; these tips will help you save money after divorce so you can get back on your feet faster.
- Children and Divorce: Why High Conflict Divorce Damages Children
Children can become trapped in their parents’ bitter divorce battle, feeling torn between the two people they love the most.
- Considering Divorce: 4 Legal Issues You Should Consider if Your Spouse Has Cheated
If your spouse has cheated, you should take some time to discover the legal implications of their infidelity. Here are 4 important questions to discuss with a lawyer.
- Financial Issues: Beware a Rigged Business Valuation When Calculating Child Support!
There are some experts who decide to “rig” the value of a business in favor of one spouse. Here are some things that could point to a rigged valuation.
- Coping with Divorce: Study: Staying Friends with Your Ex Might Mean that One of You is a Psychopath
Beware the ex who wants to remain friends after divorce: they just might be a psychopath!
- Divorce Recovery: Divorce Allowed Me to Become More Authentic
The ending of a marriage is also the beginning of a new life: one in which you can define your own narrative and live more authentically.
- Co-Parenting after Divorce: 7 Co-Parenting Communication Tips
The key to positive co-parenting is communication. If you and your ex can communicate civilly, the rest will fall into place.
- Divorce News: Jeff Bezos Divorce: World’s Richest Person to Divorce After 25 Years
The Jeff Bezos divorce case is turning heads all around the globe. What could this mean for his net worth and stake in Amazon? Read on to find out.
- Considering Divorce: When Valentine’s Day Is the Final Disappointment
When the holiday bills arrive and one more Valentine’s Day is a bust, you may decide to call it quits. Here are 4 easy steps to take control of your financial future.
- Preparing for Divorce: Your Divorce Team: How to Find and Choose the Right Divorce Advisors
It doesn’t matter why you got divorced. What matters is how willing you are to jump-start your new life and let go of the past.
- Child Custody: Understanding the Basics of Child Custody
If you and your ex are willing to cooperate for your children’s sake, then you can create a co-parenting plan that makes your kids feel secure, happy, and loved.
- Financial Issues, Property Division: How To Protect What Is Rightfully Yours During Divorce
To protect your rights, you need to be knowledgeable about how marital homes, businesses, and pension plans are handled during divorce.
- Considering Divorce: January Brings Resolutions and Reflection – and Divorce
Every year, the number of couples filing for divorce increases between the months of January and March. The question is: why do so many couples decide to divorce early in the new year?
- Coping with Divorce: How To Handle Stressful Situations During Divorce
Stress is a part of life; how you deal with it plays a crucial role in your divorce recovery process. Here are 4 tips for managing stressful situations during divorce.
- Coping with Divorce: Unwanted Divorce: When Your Whole World Crumbles Apart
What happens when your spouse has one foot out the door and you don’t know it? You weather the divorce storm and give recovery time to catch up to your feelings.
- Financial Issues: 5 Different Ways To Protect Your Business During Divorce
There are several different things you should do to protect your business during divorce. Here are five things you should know during this difficult period.
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: How Specific Should Your Parenting Plan Be?
Creating a detailed parenting plan – along with some flexibility on both of your parts – goes a long way to smooth the road ahead as you begin co-parenting with your ex-spouse.