As a service to our clients, we at Boyle Feinberg, P.C., and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly eNewsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
You may subscribe to receive this newsletter by email.
- Considering Divorce: Why I Owed It to My Children to Divorce
What relationships will our children be a part of, based on our examples? It’s our job as parents to set the right example.
- Financial Issues: Gray Divorce: Challenges When Divorcing After 50
There are very specific sets of challenges that arise when couples divorce later in life.
- Divorce Recovery: 5 Ways to Get Back on Track During Divorce Recovery
If you want to get back on track as soon as possible, here are 5 great ways to recover.
- Considering Divorce: Are You Ready for Divorce? Ask Yourself These Questions
If you are still questioning whether or not you are ready for divorce, then consider these additional questions.
- Children and Divorce: How to Make Your Kids Feel Secure
Ways that parents can help children hold onto a sense of security throughout this difficult process.
- Financial Issues: The Lump Sum Divorce: A Trap for the Unwary
Consider the many variables before accepting lump sum divorce settlements.
- The Divorce Process: Divorce Coaching and How it Can Help You
If you’re in the process of navigating a divorce, a divorce coach can be a critical player in the process.
- Divorce Recovery: 3 Tips for When Old Friends Desert You While You’re Coping with Divorce
When an old friend deserts you, it’s a deep cut. It’s easy to crawl in a corner and lick your wounds. But, you have a new life to create!
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: Protecting Children From Parental Alienation
How you overcome alienation depends on the age of your child and whether you still have communication with your child.
- Children and Divorce: 4 Tips for Taking a Post-Divorce Summer Vacation
For a family emerging after a divorce, a post-divorce summer vacation can be a time of healing after a stressful period.
- Financial Issues: Retirement Benefits and Divorce
If you are currently facing divorce and navigating your retirement benefit situation, here are some thoughts to keep in mind to help this process run smoothly.
- The Divorce Process: Social Media and Dating: Protect Your Online Presence
Your tweets, snaps, and posts. How social media and divorce can get messy.
- Divorce Recovery: 3 Tips to Help You Recover from Divorce
Your anger, confusion, feeling lost, and frustration is to be expected at this time. But you can also to think of how to emerge from this difficult place.
- Co-Parenting After Divorce: Tired of Feeling Angry at Your Co-Parent?
Consider these 6 strategies when you are feeling angry with your co-parent.
- The Divorce Process: 4 Considerations when Retaining a Family Lawyer
Key questions you should be asking yourself before hiring a family lawyer.
- Considering Divorce: 3 Causes of Divorce and How to Avoid Them
If you want to avoid divorce, it’s important that you and your partner help each other feel relevant and appreciated.
- Relationships and Dating: Getting a Return on Your Investment When Dating after Divorce
Dating after Divorce: Finding the Return on Your Investment.
- Legal Issues: Is Semi-Separating an Alternative to Divorce?
The traditional separation is changing, with more couples hopping on the trend of semi-separating; ending their relationship but still staying together.
- Considering Divorce: The 7 Stages of Emotional Affairs
Most emotional affairs are not physically sexual, but are often more challenging for couples to overcome and forgive.
- Children and Divorce: The Habits of Successful Single Parenting
Learning to go easy on yourself and focusing on the big picture will enable you and your children to make healthy adjustments.
- Coping with Divorce: The Stages of Divorce Grief
When faced with the reality of divorce, you’ll likely experience grief that is similar to losing a loved one.
- Divorce Process: Being Served with Divorce Papers
The overwhelming question you’re likely to have after being served with divorce papers is: what now?
- Divorce Recovery: Enjoying Father’s Day Post Divorce
Tips on how to enjoy Father’s Day, post divorce, with or without your kids.
- Children and Divorce: 7 Tips for Spending the Summer Without Your Kids
For divorced or divorcing parents, summer vacation does not have to be a battleground or source of contention.
- Divorce Recovery: Getting Back on Your Feet After Divorce
To have the best life you can have after divorce, you’ll have to work on yourself first. Here are 7 tips to be your best self after divorce.
- Financial Issues: Divorce and Division of Your Assets
If you are going through a divorce, here are some tips on how to divide your assets in a way that you can remain amicable about it.
- Coping with Divorce: The Effects of Financial Stress in Gray Divorces
Gray divorce can often lead to significant financial stress, as the bills that were once paid by two now must be paid independently.
- Relationships and Dating: Coping with Mistrust in Relationships Post-Divorce
You can face your trust issues with optimism when you extend trust to those who deserve it and learn to trust yourself day by day.
- Coping with Divorce: 4 Tips for Dealing with Worrying During Divorce
Worry alerts a person that all is not right in a situation; it’s a call to action for making a change. Here are four ways to heed this call in a productive manner.
- Children and Divorce: Co-Parenting after Divorce: Learn to Let Go of Things
If you and your co-parent disagree about everything, you’ll find yourself exhausted and ineffective. Consider these tips when deciding whether to hold firm or let something go.
- Financial Issues: 8 Personal Finance Tips to Follow During Divorce
During divorce, you’re going from a two-income to a one-income household. You need to get a handle on your finances — not only for yourself, but also for your children.
- Divorce Recovery: Divorce Recovery: 4 Stages to Reclaim Your Life
Divorce can very traumatic, but if you allow yourself to heal and utilize available support, you can emerge happier than ever before.
- Relationships and Dating: 2 Ways You May Have Contributed to Your Failing Marriage
Learning what you could have done differently can help you feel more powerful — and make future relationships easier for you.
- Considering Divorce: 5 Tips for Using Your Divorce Coach More Effectively
Similar to the relationship you have with other professionals during a divorce, the key to an effective relationship with your divorce coach is understanding their role and being proactive.
- Coping with Divorce: Dealing with Divorce: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
By coming to terms with the unpleasant parts of divorce, learning how to transform them into a learning experience, and avoiding the same mistakes in the future, you’ll grow as a person.
- Financial Issues: Hidden Assets: How to Spot Them, and What to Do About Them
Protecting assets is best done proactively; if you spot the signs that your spouse is hiding money or assets early, you can protect what’s rightfully owed to you.
- Children and Divorce: The Form of Child Abuse Known as Parental Alienation
Hope and a growing awareness is building for children who suffer from the form of psychological abuse known as parental alienation.
- Relationships and Dating: 5 Post-Divorce Dating Tips for Dads
Do you want your children to model their dating behavior after you? If so, you owe it to yourself and your kids to build new relationships sensibly.
- Considering Divorce
Before You Decide to Divorce, Be Prepared and Have a Plan
There are consequences you need to first consider before deciding to end your marriage
- Coping with Divorce
The One Thing You Should Not Do During a Divorce: React
Disengaging or removing yourself from conflict is the best measure against ongoing future conflict.
- Financial Issues
5 Things You Should Know About Bankruptcy and Divorce
Bankruptcy and divorce are chances for a fresh start for you, your ex, and your families. By knowing aspects of the two, you can make informed decisions and come out stronger than ever.
- Infidelity and Divorce
10 Tips for Moving on after Your Spouse Cheats
From outsourcing anger and frustration to boldly starting a new life, these 10 tips are sure to help you recover and move on after infidelity.
- Relationships and Dating
5 Signs You Might Not Be Ready to Date Again
How do you know if you’re ready to date and it’s not too soon? If you put your toe into the dating pool too quickly, or without knowing just what to expect, you will feel it.
- Legal Issues
Justice in Family Law: 6 Things to Expect from a Good Judge
Divorce attorneys and judges are helping people at the worst times in their lives. A calm guiding hand and leadership from a judge can do wonders to help people in these situations.
- Considering Divorce
Top 5 Things a Divorce Lawyer Can Do for You
Here are some of the many services a divorce lawyer can offer you.
- Financial Issues
10 Financial Questions to Ask Yourself as You Contemplate Divorce
To truly know your situation and your needs, it is important to dig deep. Here are 10 questions to ask yourself as you begin to move into the divorce process.
- Coping with Divorce
Looking for Positives: 3 Tips for Avoiding Negativity Throughout a Divorce
It is easy to slip into negativity during and after divorce. Dwelling on what is not working out can blind you to what is going right in your life
- Children and Divorce
7 Tips for Co-Parenting Without Losing Your Sanity
If you are struggling to co-parent with your former partner, here are some tips to help you manage the experience and make things a little easier.