As a service to our clients, we at Boyle Feinberg, P.C., and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly eNewsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
You may subscribe to receive this newsletter by email.
- Financial Issues: Video: How To Find a Divorce Financial Professional
How can a financial professional help you during your divorce, and what are some of the initial questions you should be asking?
- Co-Parenting after Divorce: 5 Tips for Keeping Your Emotional Thermometer Cool During the Holidays
As you plan for the holidays, avoid any situation where there is a potential for tension and conflict in front of the children.
- Children and Divorce: How to Create a Parenting Plan That Fits Your Family
Take charge of the process, figure out what your kids need, and put it into action.
- Legal Issues: What Happens When One Parent Wants to Move Away with the Children?
The question is not whether the parent is permitted to move, but rather what custody arrangement would be in the best interest of the child.
- Relationships and Dating: Dating after Divorce? Make Sure You Are Ready!
Just because your marriage failed, it doesn’t mean you are sentenced to a life of being single.
- Coping With Divorce: 3 Tips for Surviving the Holidays when Your Parents Divorce
Whether you’re at the beginning of your adult parents’ divorce experience, or somewhere in the middle of the process, here are tips to help you make it through the holidays.
- Financial Issues: Determining Your Post-Divorce Expenses
Knowing your lifestyle and estimating post-divorce expenses frequently turns out to be one of the most difficult things to do during a separation.
- Children and Divorce: What’s the Difference Between Co-Parenting and Parallel Parenting?
G uidelines and tips for helping kids to live happily in two homes.
- Divorce Recovery: Creating the New You After Divorce
The “New You” embodies cherished elements of your pre-divorce self with aspects of your deliberately chosen post-divorce persona.
- Financial Issues: Watch: How Spousal Support (Alimony) Works
This video will help you understand how spousal support, also known as alimony or maintenance, works.
- Children and Divorce: 5 Rules for Introducing a New Partner to Your Kids
Introducing your kids to a new love too soon might complicate, delay, or damage the healing process.
- Relationships and Dating: Are you in a Toxic Relationship?
Being in a toxic relationship can negatively impact your psyche, self-confidence, and personal life. Here are the signs that your relationship is a toxic one.
- Divorce Recovery: The 5 Stages of Divorce Recovery
Where are you in the recovery process?
- Divorce News: Women More Likely to Initiate Divorce than Men: Study
A new study suggests that women are more likely to initiate divorce than men in heterosexual marriages.
- Children and Divorce: 10 Back-to-School Tips for Families After a Recent Separation or Divorce
Advice to help your children answer questions from schoolmates – and how to know when to seek professional help for your child.
- Financial Issues: Video: Understanding Your Income During Divorce
The first step to gaining control of your finances – and life – during divorce is to prepare a detailed, up-to-date budget.
- Divorce Recovery: 6 Steps To Forgiving Your Former Spouse for Good
Achieve forgiveness and go from feeling like a victim to becoming a more empowered person.
- Infidelity: The Reality of Virtual Infidelity
The popularity of social media has made virtual infidelity more accessible than ever – and it has altered the nature of what constitutes cheating.
- Divorce News: Study: Marrying Before Age 32 May Reduce Risk of Divorce
If you married after age 32, you’re more likely to divorce than those who married in their late 20s.
- Divorce Process: Watch: 15 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Divorce Lawyer
These questions will help to ensure that you choose the right lawyer to represent you.
- Children and Divorce: Top 10 Resources to Learn About Parental Alienation
The more you educate yourself about parental alienation, the more equipped you’ll be to beat it.
- Legal Issues: Where Do You File for Divorce When Living in Different States?
You’ve ended your marriage and you’ve moved out of state. How do you file for divorce?
- Financial Issues: Post Divorce Insurance
Protect yourself when your divorce settlement involves future payments of any type.
- Divorce News: Gallup Poll: Moral Acceptance of Divorce on the Rise
According to the most recent Gallup poll, moral acceptance of divorce by Americans has increased by 12%.
- Divorce Process: 3 Ways to Divorce: Choose the Right One for You
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is how to proceed with your divorce; the value of making the right decision cannot be overstated.
- Children and Divorce: 7 Tips to Help Your Teenager Cope with Divorce
Expressing compassion and understanding to your teen can go a long way to smooth over the rough patches in a divorced family.
- Coping With Divorce: Separation and Divorce Means You Are No Longer a Married Couple
How to transition from living and acting as a married couple to being detached from one another legally (and in every other way).
- Divorce Recovery: A Blueprint for Your Future Self: Advice for Overcoming the Trauma of Divorce
Overcoming the trauma of divorce by reclaiming your life means imagining and then creating the future you desire.
- Divorce News: Study: Social Media is the New Marriage Minefield
Nearly 50% of participants in a recent survey admit to checking their partner’s Facebook account – and 15% indicate they had contemplated divorce as a result.
- Divorce Process: Mediation for Self-Preservation
When your family breaks up, it feels like your very survival is threatened. Mediation merges all of the aspects of repairing a broken family – including the legal, financial, and emotional facets.
- Financial Issues: 7 Key Factors When Negotiating Your Divorce Settlement
During divorce, you must make permanent, life-altering financial decisions; here are seven important factors to remember while making those decisions.
- Children and Divorce: 10 Tips for a Truce on Your Child’s Graduation Day
If your child will be graduating this spring, you both owe it to him/her to suspend any lingering divorce hostilities before, during, and after the ceremony. Here’s how.
- Divorce Recovery: 5 Dating Tips for Infidelity Survivors
It’s hard to trust someone with your heart after being betrayed; the good news is that most infidelity survivors eventually find love again.
- Health and Well-Being: Do the Next Right Thing
The most effective method of rising out of a depressed state is retrieving control of your life by taking the right action.
- Financial Issues: 6 Tips for Overcoming Psychological Mistakes when Managing Your Money
Don’t make these cognitive and emotional mistakes with your investment.
- Financial Issues: Understanding the Financial Impact of Divorce
Protect your interest and take charge of your financial well-being with some preparation and planning.
- Children and Divorce: Parental Alienation – A Corrosive Legacy
A judge gives tips on what you can do about parental alienation and change its corrosive legacy.
- Divorce News: Couples over 50 are More Likely to Divorce When the Wife Gets Sick
A new study suggests that couples over 50 are more likely to divorce if the wife becomes seriously ill.
- Legal Issues: Choosing a Divorce Process
The process you choose can have a big impact on the final terms of your divorce.
- Financial Issues: Five Financial Considerations before Finalizing Your Divorce
Here are five things to consider and understand before finalizing your divorce.
- Children and Divorce: Top 10 tips for Divorcing Parents
Tips to help you be the best parent possible during this difficult time.
- Health and Well-Being: Feed Your Body and Soul
Choosing the right foods during divorce will help you feel your best and remain clear-headed.
- Parenting and Divorce: Parenting Responsibly on Your Own
If you have fought in front of your children, or have said negative things to them regarding your ex, it’s not too late to do the right thing.
- Divorce Settlement: Breaking Free from Guilt
Do not mix your feelings of regret and culpability with the integrity of the legal process. Allow your divorce negotiations to be driven by law and equity – not your feelings of guilt.
- Divorce Recovery: Stress Busters
Ten easy ways to combat stress during your divorce, and tips you can incorporate into your life right now.
- Collaborative Divorce: Is Collaborative Divorce Right for You?
Questions to help you and your spouse figure out whether you are both good candidates for Collaborative Divorce.
- Divorce Study: Study: Marrying Someone Your Own Age Could Reduce Risk of Divorce
A new study finds that the age difference between spouses is among the factors that can be used to predict the risk of divorce.
- Children and Divorce: 5 Ways to Keep Children Out of Conflict During Your Divorce
If you have fought in front of your children, or have said negative things to them about your ex, it’s not too late to do the right thing.
- Military: Military Retirement Benefits and Divorce
Military retirement benefits are often the most valuable asset in a military marriage, so it’s important for service members and their spouses to understand the implications of these benefits during a divorce.
- Financial: Divorce Your Jewelry
Your jewelry can be a potential source of income during divorce, but how do you go about selling some pieces – easily, and for the best price?
- Recovery: Living in the Present Moment
Is your mind living in the past, present, or future? The present is the only place you have true power and choice; here are strategies to get you back into the present moment.