As a service to our clients, we at Boyle Feinberg, P.C., and Divorce Magazine are pleased to provide you with this monthly eNewsletter and hope that the information and articles contained within are helpful and supportive.
You may subscribe to receive this newsletter by email.
- Separation/Divorce Process: Divorce trials
Judge Roderic Duncan explains difference between uncontested and contested divorce trials.
- Health/Well Being after Divorce: Beating stress before it beats you
Divorce is one of the most stressful life events you can experience, but there are some valuable remedies – both physical and mental – you can use to reduce your anxiety levels.
- Divorce Financial Planning: Charting your expenses
Your family’s lifestyle and reasonable needs are two components of expenses that play a part in a divorce. Here’s some help to get you started in summarizing your expenses.
- Children and Divorce: Telling your kids: breaking the news with your spouse
How to discuss and plan telling your children the news of your divorce together.
- Divorce Recovery: Divorce isn’t easy, but it’s doable
The divorcing process is not a linear one, but you need to keep in mind that life will return to “normal” again.
- Children and Divorce: Holiday tips for divorced parents
Co-parenting during the holidays requires planning.
- Health/Well Being after Divorce: Anger management
Now that it’s over, it’s okay to feel angry.
- Mediation and Divorce: The art of negotiation
How to reach an agreement that’s both acceptable and affordable.
- Fathers and Divorce: Tips for fathers in custody disputes
Fathers getting to know their children’s needs will help their custody case.
- Parenting and Step-families: Techniques for Effective Discipline
Communication and agreements are necessary in delivering effective discipline to your children after your divorce.
- Mars and Venus: Advice from John Gray: Meet the children
How to introduce your children to your new “special friend.”
- Grey Divorce: Property division
Property division is a major issue in divorces between couples over the age of 50.
- High Conflict Divorce: Court programs to treat and prevent high-conflict divorce
The courts have instituted a number of measures to help reduce the conflict in ongoing post-divorce disputes.
- Infidelity and Divorce: After the cheating
Reworking and rebuilding a relationship after infidelity isn’t easy, but neither is dissolving one.
- Finance: The forensic CPA – your ally in divorce
An experienced Forensic CPA has training and experience in understanding and locating financial information.
- Child Custody: Is a custody battle best for your children?
Beware of letting your children get involved in the case through an extended custody tug-of-war – it will backfire on you.
- Legal: Divorce Legal Glossary
Here are some of the legal terms you should know during the divorce process.
- Fathers and Divorce: Bond with your children. Bonding on your own
Learn how to bond with your children without mom being there.
- Moving Forward: Happy House Hunting
Suzanne Whang, host of the popular HGTV show House Hunters, believes that you can still enjoy the journey of buying a new home even if you are going through divorce.
- Your Divorce Story: A Perspective on Love, Marriage and Divorce
A brief look into why so many marriages borne out of love end in divorce.
- Divorce Recovery: Divorce Recovery
Recovering from divorce is like climbing a mountain, one challenging step after another. For most of us, it’s a difficult journey – but the rewards at the end of the climb are worth it!
- Mars and Venus: Advice from John Gray: Trust Yourself – When it comes to love, do you trust yourself?
Does having been divorced make you feel like a loser in the game of life? It shouldn’t.
- Advice from Judge Toler: Unbundled
Learn more about unbundled legal services and whether or not they’re the right choice for your divorce.
- Children and Divorce: 5 Ways to Help Your Children During Divorce
Memorize these 5 ways you can protect your children and help them cope during and after divorce.
- Finance: Financial Checklist
Take this short quiz to find out whether you get a clean bill of financial health – or if you require emergency care.
- Relationship: Stay Away and Focus on Your Healing
Give yourself permission to take care of yourself.
- Your Divorce Story: Experiment with happiness
Twice-married, twice-divorced Buddhist says to treat life as an experiment.
- Legal: Advice from John Gray: Your Divorce Team
Find and choose the best possible advisors to help you.
- Finance: 5 Most Common Money Mistakes
Avoid making these same costly mistakes with your divorce.
- Health and Well-Being: The Trauma of Betrayal
If you’ve been abandoned by a lifelong partner, you know how overwhelming and unspeakable the hurt and outrage can be.
- The Shock of Divorce:
Learn what shocks children and how to help your children accept the news of your divorce.
- Your Life After Divorce:
Divorce can leave you feeling like you are being stretched in every aspect of your life. Learn how to balance life’s conflicts to ensure that you are happy and content
- How to Evaluate an Attorney/Lawyer:
Tips and questions to ask before deciding which lawyer to hire to handle your divorce.
- Steering Clear of Financial Landmines:
Understanding the financial and tax implications of your options – and avoiding financial landmines – is critical in creating a settlement that will last long-term.
- Ready to Give Up Your Baggage?:
Forgiveness is sometimes so hard to give to someone who hurt you so bad, but it is the best way to happiness and a better life. Don’t give up on happiness; follow these steps to forgiving your ex-spouse by Simome Wright.
- Relationships: Fourteen Problem Behaviors That Can Undermine the Best Relationship
A checklist to help you and your partner identify possible problems and talk them over.
- Finance/Legal: Keeping Your Divorce Cost Down
This judge says with the right knowledge and attitude, your divorce may not need to be a costly process.
- Mars and Venus: Advice from John Gray: Why Can’t We Be Friends?
Is it possible to maintain – or establish – a friendship with your ex post-divorce?
- Divorce Recovery: Befriending Your Ex
Befriending an ex is a process and a relationship that takes time and effort, but it can be accomplished if you are truly committed to doing so.
- Professional: Role of Divorce Coach
Learn how a divorce coach can empower you through your divorce process and how a coach differs from a lawyer, therapist or a mentor.
- Relationships: Are You Really Ready for Serious Dating?
The key to a great relationship is getting serious about who you are and what you want.
- Divorce Recovery: Coping With an Emotional Divorce: Developing Ways to Release Your Emotions
Strategies to help you unpack your emotional baggage, take a step away from the past, and move forward.
- Mediation: Family Mediation: Frequently Asked Questions
Not sure about Family Mediation? Check out answers to these frequently asked questions.
- Legal/Professionals: Selecting your Professional Divorce Team
How to get the best possible advisors during your divorce.
- Finances and Divorce: Tax Trips and Traps
Being organized will help reduce your stress and give you a sense of control.
- Parenting & Step-Families: Parenting after Separation
Shared parenting can work, and children today will benefit enormously if there’s more of it.
- Relationships: Shared Physical Custody: A Growing Trend
Shared parenting can work, and children today will benefit enormously if there’s more of it.
- Relationships: Build a happy, healthy life together: Part 2
A happy life also depends on helping each other extend your circle of love and good will beyond the two of you (Pt 2).
- Legal: Don’t get hung up on fairness
This judge explains how, in divorce court, arguing about whether something is fair is usually a waste of time.
- Fathers and Divorce: The children’s best interest, counts most.
Nothing is more important than your children, and you must prove this by acting in their best interests. No matter what.
- 6. Finances and Divorce: Top six tips to avoid financial disaster
Having your finances in order during your divorce can help avoid a lot of unnecessary added stress.
- Legal: How to Work with Your Divorce Lawyer
Tips for keeping your legal fees down and getting the best possible outcome.
- Shared Parenting: Children’s Wishes and the Law
Reassure your children you’re interested in what they have to say.
- Relationships: Build a Happy, Healthy Life Together: Part 1
A happy life also depends on helping each other extend your circle of love and good will beyond the two of you (Pt 1).
- Considering Divorce: Knowing If You Should Stay or Go
Is your marriage beyond repair? Find out what makes a marriage workable or unworkable.
- Divorce Recovery: The Commitment to Move Forward
There is a difference between wanting something and having a commitment to a particular action.
- Article on Considering Divorce: Knowing Why You Should Stay or Go
- Divorce Financial Planning/Investment Article: Will Debt Be A Factor In Your Divorce?
Often people think that only low income families have debt issues, when in fact, many higher income earning couples accrue significant debt as well.
- Separation/Divorce Process Article: A guide to the legal process of divorce
Understanding the Divorce Process
- Health/Well-Being After Divorce Article: How to Handle Your Emotions during Divorce
- The Process of Forgiveness: Forgive but Don’t Forget